To submit an abstract, please review the guidelines mentioned below, and fill the submission form
before the submission deadline 9 January 2024.
- Obtain necessary clearance and travel approval from your management.
- SPE policy prohibits the paying of any SPE honorarium or any travel or lodging expenses connected with speaker participation. All speakers are required to register and pay the symposium registration fees. Speakers are entitled to the early bird rate which is highly discounted compared to the regular registration fees.
- The abstract should be formatted into four specific paragraphs, as per this form. The combined word count must be between 250 and 450 words in length.
- Please summarise the experience that qualifies you to present this abstract at the symposium.
- Your abstract will be reviewed and approved by the Symposium Committee. An email confirmation will be sent on acceptance/selection of the abstract.
- If selected, the speaker may choose to submit a manuscript (3000–7000 words) which will be published on OnePetro. Should you wish to submit a manuscript, please note the deadline to submit the manuscript is on 21 March 2024. More details about writing your manuscript are available at https://www.spe.org/en/authors/resources/prepare-paper/
- In case you do not wish to submit a manuscript, you can still participate as a speaker.
Changes, Cancellations, and Withdrawals
SPE and the Symposium Committee consider an accepted abstract as a commitment to present. If extenuating circumstances prevent the presenter from making the presentation, it is the presenter’s obligation to notify the SPE and session chair(s), if applicable. Withdrawals must be made in writing to the SPE office as soon as possible.
SPE must comply with all applicable sanction laws, including those of the United States and the United Kingdom. This includes screening individuals and entities against applicable lists of restricted parties to determine whether SPE is prohibited from, among other things, providing services to or receiving services from such parties.
As a result, your abstract will go through a compliance review and if identified one or more authors or the entity they represent is listed on the SDN sanction list, we must regretfully inform you that your paper will not be considered in forming the conference programme. We appreciate your submission and your understanding of SPE Symposium: Well Integrity Management legal compliance criteria.