The upstream energy industry is at an exciting stage in the use of optical sensing to measure, understand and optimize asset performance, whether those assets aim to store or extract energy from the subsurface or use underground reservoirs to store captured greenhouse gases. Breakthroughs and enhancements in fiber-optic based acquisition, processing, real-time analysis and interpretation are allowing significantly better field development, management and optimization.
This workshop will highlight the application of these technologies in unconventional and conventional oil and gas as well as low-carbon energy development with field case studies in technical sessions that include:
- CCUS and green/renewable energy applications
- Hydraulic fracture diagnostics using fiber-based measurements of acoustics, temperature and strain
- Subsea and other offshore well and reservoir monitoring
- Well integrity
- Multiphase flow quantification
- Fiber-based seismic applications